Originally posted on April 7, 2020 @ 12:49 am
Anita Nair is an Indian English-language writer. She made her debut book Satyr of the Subway & Eleven Other Stories in the year 1997. She recently wrote the book Chain of custody: an inspector Gowda novel, Noida: Harper Black in the year 2016. Check out below for Anita Nair Wiki, Biography, Age, Books, Family, Images and more.
Anita Nair Details
Anita Nair was born on 26 January 1966 in Shornur, Kerala, India. Anita Nair family and schooling details will be updated soon. She did her in BA in English Language and Literature NSS College Higher Educational institution in Palappuram, Kerala. Anita Nair husband name is Suresh Parambath and this couple has a son as well. In the beginning, she was working as a creative director of an advertising agency in Bangalore at that time, she wrote her first book a collection of short stories called Satyr of the Subway, and she sold it to Har-Anand Press. The book that was written by her has won the fellowship from the Virginia Center for the Creative Arts.
Her second book was published by Penguin India and it was the first book that written by Indian author and published in Picador USA. Then her novels titled The Better Man and Ladies Coupe which has been translated into 21 languages. Her early commercial works were pieces, it was written in the late 90’s for The Bangalore Monthly magazine and it was published by Explocity in a column titled as ‘The Economical Epicurean‘. In the year 2002, the “Ladies Coupé” was selected as one of the five best books in India and this novel says about the women’s conditions in a male-dominated society and it was said with insight, solidarity and humour. Then she has also written the book The Puffin Book of Myths and Legends in the year 2004 which is a children’s book on myths and legends. Later she also edited the book Rain is Born in this she has written about Kerala, with that, her poetry has been included in The Poetry India Collection and a British Council Poetry Workshop Anthology. She has also written some other books like Mistress (2003), Adventures of Nonu, the Skating Squirrel (2006), Living Next Door to Alise (2007) and Magical Indian Myths (2008).
Anita Nair Biography
|Real Name||Anita Nair|
|Profession||Indian English – language writer|
|Date of Birth||26 January 1966|
|Age||52 (as of August 2018)|
|Zodiac sign||Yet to be Updated|
|Father Name||Yet to be Updated|
|Mother Name||Yet to be Updated|
|Educational Qualification||B.A (English Literature)|
|School||Yet to be Updated|
|College||NSS College Higher Educational institution in Palappuram, Kerala|
|Hobbies||Writer and Listening Music|
|Hometown||Shornur, Kerala, India|
|Husband Name||Suresh Parambath|
|Current City||Shornur, Kerala, India|
Anita Nair Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AnitaNair.Official/
Anita Nair Twitter: https://twitter.com/anitanairauthor
Anita Nair Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/anitanairauthor/
Anita Nair Bibliography
- Satyr of the Subway & Eleven Other Stories 1997, ISBN 9780143099659, OCLC 77058678
- The Better Man New Delhi ; London : Penguin Books, 1999. ISBN 9780140293203, OCLC 59457810
- Ladies Coupé 2001. ISBN 9780099428978, OCLC 896652584
- Malabar Mind – Poetry Calicut : Yeti Books, 2002. ISBN 9788188330003, OCLC 52326380
- Where the Rain is Born – Writings about Kerala (Editor) 2003
- Puffin Book of World Myths and Legends 2004
- Mistress 2005. ISBN 9780144000333, OCLC 85772121
- Adventures of Nonu, the Skating Squirrel 2006. ISBN 9788129108920, OCLC 70063316
- Living Next Door To Alise 2007.
- Goodnight & God Bless 2008. ISBN 9780670081516, OCLC 732686957
- Lessons In Forgetting 2010. ISBN 9788172239046, OCLC 731240004
- Chemmeen’ (Translator) 2011
- Cut Like Wound – Literary noir 2012. ISBN 9789350293805, OCLC 824683061
- The Lilac House: a novel New York: St. Martin’s Griffin, 2012. ISBN 9781250005182, OCLC 740628497
- Idris – Historical novel 2014. ISBN 9789350297810, OCLC 899740186
- Alphabet soup for lovers, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India: HarperCollins Publishers India, 2015. ISBN 9789351774822, OCLC 933430829
- Chain of custody: an inspector Gowda novel, Noida: Harper Black, 2016. ISBN 9789351778073, OCLC 954424570
Awards & Recognitions
- Arch of Excellence Award by the All India Achievers’ Conference, New Delhi for Literature.
- 2007 PEN/Beyond Margins Award, finalist, U.S.A.
- 2007 LiBeraturpreis, finalist, Germany.
- 2008 Orange Prize for Fiction, longlist, U.K.
- 2008 FLO FICCI Women Achievers Award, for literature
- 2009 Montblanc honored her with the launch of the Special Edition writing instrument in India; for her novel contribution to literature, enforcing cross-cultural endeavors and enlightening experiences that have transcended an inexhaustible diversity of forms – barriers of language, cultures and identities.
- 2012 Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for her contribution to literature and culture.
- 2014 The Hindu Literary Prize shortlist for Idris Keeper Of The Light
- 2015 Global Ambassador for Women for Expo May
- 2017 Crossword Book Award, Jury Award, Children’s category, Muezza and Baby Jaan
Anita Nair Books
- Ladies Coupe
- Chain of Custody
- Cut Like Wound
- Alphabet Soup for Lovers
- Goodnight and God Bless