Ashoka University New Delhi announces Young India Fellowship Program (YIF) 2020-21
Ashoka University Young India Fellowship 2020 – Ashoka University has announced the Young India Fellowship for the class of 2020-21. The application process for the Class of 2020-2021 opens on August 20th, 2019 and will close on 31st March 2020.
About the Young India Fellowship (YIF)
- The Young India Fellowship (YIF) is a one-year multidisciplinary postgraduate diploma Program in Liberal Studies.
- The Fellowship brings together a group of 300 bright young individuals who show exceptional intellectual ability and leadership potential from across the country, and trains them to become socially committed agents of change.
Aim of Fellow
- The aim is to help Fellows become well-rounded individuals who are able to think critically about issues from multiple perspectives, communicate effectively and go on to become self-aware leaders with a commitment to public service.
Eligibility Criteria for Ashoka University Young India Fellowship 2020
- Young India Fellowship Programme is open to all young men and women with:
- A recognized undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- The student must be in the final year of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degree from renowned University of India
- No more than 28 years of age on 31st July 2020 (Candidates born on or after 15th July 1992 can apply)
- The Fellowship promotes diversity and applicants from all areas of specialisation are encouraged to apply; while applicants who have been educated in a vernacular language as their medium of instruction are welcome, it is expected that they will be able to converse, read and write in English
- There are various factors which are evaluated for the selection of the candidates like submitted application, telephonic interview, personal interview and also the General Ability test to assess the candidate’s verbal, written and analytical skills.
- The selection process will be carried out in 3 stages, each one being an elimination stage.
- All applications are reviewed by the selection committee consisting of faculty and executive members of the program. Candidates are evaluated on the basis of their academic performance through school and college and their involvement in extracurricular activities.
- Short-listed candidates are interviewed on the telephone. Candidates will be notified in advance about when the telephonic interview will take place. It is typically a conversation regarding the information that the candidate has mentioned on their application and may include a discussion about their areas of interests.
Comprehension Test & Personal Interview
- On the day of the Personal Interview, candidates will be required to take a comprehension test just before the interview. They will be tested on their reading, understanding, articulation skills and critical thinking ability, not on their knowledge of subject matter. Candidates are interviewed in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bangalore.
- Young India Fellowship believes that talented and bright students may belong to any social or economic strata. To make it possible for all deserving applicants to avail this opportunity, Young India Fellowship offers ‘need-based’ scholarships that cover, in full or in part:
- Tuition expenses for lectures and workshops
- Boarding and lodging
- Cost of reading and case materials, library subscriptions and shared text books
- Merit Scholarship on tuition Rs 50,000/-
- 25% Scholarship on tuition Rs 178,000/-
- 50% Scholarship on tuition Rs 3,57,000/-
- 75% Scholarship on tuition Rs 5,36,000/-
- Full-tuition Scholarship Rs 7,15,000/-
- Full Scholarship Rs 9,00,000/-
Ashoka University Young India Fellowship 2020 Application Process
- The applicants are able to choose any one ways from the given
- The interested and eligible candidates can apply online for Young India Fellowship; there they have to register themselves on the Young India Fellowship website www.youngindiafellowship.com
- Once the candidates is registered, an email will be sent to the applicant’s registered email ID
- If you want to apply in hard copies, please send an email to email@example.com for the application form
Ashoka University Young India Fellowship 2020 Important Dates
- Application Process for the Class of 2020-21 Opens on 20th August 2019
- Application Process for the Class of 2020-21 Closes on 31st March 2020
Selection Process Round-I
- Applications open: 20th August 2019
- Last date to submit applications: 17th November 2019
- Interviews: 115th September 2019 to 24th January 2020
- Final offers to selected candidates: 01st – 05th February 2020
Selection Process Round-II
- Applications open 18th November 2019
- Last date to submit applications: 02nd February 2020
- Interviews: 01st December 2019 – 05th April 2020
- Final offers to selected candidates: 10th – 15th April 2020
Selection Process Round-III
- Applications open 03rd February 2020
- Last date to submit applications 31st March 2020
- Interviews 15th March 2020 – 25th May 2020
- Final offers to selected candidates 27th – 28th May 2020
- Offers to waitlisted candidates 30th – 31st May 2020
- Programme begins for Class of 2020-2021: 15th July 2020