Max Weber Worldwide Fellowship 2019 within the Social Sciences and Humanities
Max Weber Program 2019 at European College Institute – Max Weber Programme (MWP) presents Worldwide Fellowships of 1 and a pair of years within the Social Sciences and Humanities. The Max Weber Program (MWP) is a Postdoctoral Coaching Program for Junior Postdocs who wish to advance of their analysis and tutorial coaching. As much as 50-55 Max Weber fellowships are awarded yearly.
Intention of Fellowship
- The intention of the Max Weber Programme is to supply the Fellows with the expertise of membership of a vibrant tutorial neighborhood, to which they make a central contribution.
- The Max Weber Programme began in September 2006 and is now the most important worldwide postdoctoral programme within the Social Sciences and Humanities in Europe
- Examine Topic(s): Fellowships are awarded in political and social sciences, economics, regulation and historical past
- Variety of Awards: There are 55-60 Max Weber Fellowships
- The essential grant is € 2,000 per 30 days. Profitable candidates who obtain different grants or salaries should disclose this to the EUI. The quantity of the Fellowship will probably be mounted at a decrease price (minimal €1,250 per 30 days) relying on the quantity of the extra earnings
- If relevant, household allowances will probably be added to the essential grant (see under)
- Household Allowance: A family allowance of € 300 per 30 days is paid to Fellows with a accomplice if the accomplice lives with them in Florence and given that the accomplice’s earnings shouldn’t be over € 2,000 per 30 days
- There’s a dependant’s allowance of € 200 per 30 days for every dependent baby dwelling with the Fellow in Florence
Eligibility Standards for Max Weber Program 2019
- Candidates will need to have acquired their PhD throughout the previous 5 years or have official approval to defend their thesis by the point of the beginning of the programme (1 September)
- Due to this fact, to use for 2019-20 they need to have acquired or submitted their Ph.D. between 1/9/2014 and 1/9/2019 and the PhD defence ought to happen no later than 31/12/2019
- Extensions to the five-year rule are allowed for candidates whose tutorial profession has been interrupted for maternity or paternity go away, sickness or necessary navy service. Cite circumstances within the utility kind within the area ‘Further Notes’. Profitable candidates will probably be requested to supply supporting paperwork.
- EUI graduates can solely apply for a Max Weber Fellowships after having been away from the EUI and in a full-time occupation or one other fellowship for not less than a 12 months after defending their PhD
- Candidates of any nationality are eligible for the Max Weber Fellowships
- The anticipated degree of English proficiency is degree C1 of the Frequent European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
- Functions should be submitted by way of the Online Application Type
- There are two distinct phases within the utility course of:
- Register your utility as early as attainable: You might be inspired to register your utility, by inserting your private particulars and referee particulars as quickly as attainable. That is necessary to permit enough time to your referees to submit the reference letters earlier than the deadline. References is not going to be accepted after the deadline.
- Submit your utility by the deadline 18 October: Upon getting registered your utility chances are you’ll proceed to work on the appliance particulars and attachments till the deadline of 18 October. Submit the appliance solely when you’ve gotten crammed in all the knowledge accurately and have efficiently uploaded the ultimate model of the attachments
Necessary Dates for Max Weber Program 2019
- The annual deadline for functions is 18th October [24:00 CEST], aside from the Dept. of Economics which accepts late functions till all positions are crammed
For extra particulars, https://www.eui.eu